Ways to Generate Revenue with eCommerce in your Mobile App
Many visitor attractions have started offering mobile tour guide apps to guide visitors through the attraction, telling a story at each point of interest, offering additional content, and providing basic FAQ answers. They engage visitors more fully into the tour experience. But then … they stop there. Most mobile tour guide apps don’t take the next step to help the attraction generate new revenue.
Visitors download apps for convenience. Most visitors download an attraction’s app before even arriving at the spot. A successful mobile app will harness this extra time and prime position by integrating 4 key revenue-generating features:
1. Donations: visitors may not donate on-site due to a number of reasons — they don’t have cash, the donation box was in a different location, they didn’t know there was a place to donate… and so on. A mobile app with a “donate” button can solve this problem (and create a brand new source of revenue if you’re not currently asking for donations!).
2. Sponsors: using sponsors within the app can strengthen your current relationships and grow the local economy by allowing local merchants to attract your visitors to their business. Sponsors can have their logo on the app’s main page, be a “virtual stop” on the app’s tour, appear as a pop-up notice, or be represented in a host of other ways.
3. Ticketing: allow visitors to buy tickets or secure reservations directly from the app. The ticket is then stored on the app until redeemed — no need for email confirmations or print-outs. This is a “must”,
even if you especially if you don’t have a mobile-friendly website.
4. Gift Store: online shopping is here stay, so hop on board! The mobile app’s tour can end (a “virtual” drop off) in the app’s gift store. Visitors can use the app gift store to purchase items at any time — even if they’ve already left the site.
These four 4 elements are key features for any museum, city, or attraction’s mobile tour guide. ActionTourGuide, a mobile app platform, supports mobile in-app donations, ticketing, gift stores, and sponsors. Plus, our platform-based approach means our product is more affordable than any other! Reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of our great value.
Author: Manoj Ganguli, Marketing Strategist for Mobile platform at Action Data Systems, developer of ActionTourGuide apps on smartphones. Action Data Systems is headquartered in Barrington, Rhode Island with a regional office in Mumbai India. Action Data Systems helps museums, attractions and bus tour operators to create Apple and Android tour guide apps to increase tourist engagement, improve ratings, reviews and generate new revenue from mobile e-commerce.
Get in touch
– Manoj Ganguli | email@example.com | +1 (508) 801 0856 | +91 9833733268